Lmfao, like I have to justify shipping preferences now? That’s a thing I have to do? You could probably figure it out by, you know, reading my blog. I haven’t ACTUALLY been secretive about them and why I like them together.
Ah, but I’ll humor you, anon, because you’re cute.
1) They both know the same kind of pain. They both know what it’s like to be abandoned by one parent and neglected by the remaining one. I’m not sure if you’ve ever been fortunate enough to meet someone in life who knows the same kind of pain as you, but let me tell you from experience: IT IS A RELIEF AND COMFORT BEYOND ANYTHING IN THIS WORLD. You suddenly don’t have to justify why certain things put you on edge. You don’t have to explain why phrases or actions make up upset. You don’t get accidentally offended or scared or hurt because that other person IS ALSO sensitive to those things. IT IS BEYOND ANYTHING IN THIS WORLD, and I think you couldn’t ask for a better foundation.
Tan has two moms. Eun Sang has a great relationship with her mom. They cannot relate to Rachel and Young Do.
2) I pointed it out in my recap, but Rachel isn’t afraid of Young Do. SHE HAS NEVER ACTUALLY BEEN AFRAID OF HIM. Whereas Eun Sang has been, to the point of tears. WHO DO YOU THINK I’M GOING TO SHIP?
3) Rachel needs and wants someone who will be loyal and consistent. This is not Tan. But Young Do is quite capable of being obsessed and loyal. I think Young Do is determined not to turn into his father. He’s a one-woman type of man. He is stubborn and loyal to the end.
4) Young Do needs someone who isn’t afraid of him. Someone who can see through his masks and who can call him out on his shit every once in a while. He also needs someone a little bit devious, because let’s face it, Young Do is mean. He needs someone mean as well, who can keep him in check and give as good as she gets. Which is Rachel. Who has never backed down from a verbal fight with him.
5) They actually admire each other, if you watched the show. When Young Do gave Rachel a ride on his bike. Rachel when Young Do cancelled the photoshoot.
6) In a very cold perspective, the business side also makes a ton of sense for them to get together. The reasons why Esther and Dong Wook are getting married are the same reasons why Young Do and Rachel should. Actually, I would argue that Young Do and Rachel are the better candidates for this marriage since it’s more likely they’ll have a child. Ie, an heir to inherit BOTH companies and solidify the union. Marriages can be dissolved, but children are not reversible.
I think the question you should ask yourself, anon, is why DON’T you ship them?